Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Immersion!

How important are the following at my internship?
Profit: sort of managing money is big. With a non profit organization it seems that everything has to go under some type of code. Also with grants from the government I am learning that the money is very closely watched which shocked me a little because I have always been told/imagined that the goverment has (or acts like it) has a endless supply of money.

Social Welfair: Highly, I see this a lot in my mentor. She is always concerned with the safety of everyone and is constantly giving. CERT is an orginzation that is structured arould the welfair of others.
Advertising: Thats my job! I am creating a informative video besides that, CERT isnt really advertised only when CERT members go out an help like in the 2007 Witch fires. There advertising is the people in the program giving service.

Promotion: not really. Learning is more imporatant and staying continuing education is stressed a lot.

Markets: nope

Economic/Politics: They have to account for the money that they are receving and log everything to avoid problems of loss of money. This is important because they could loose grants if they don't follow all the rules.

No comments: