Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes"

"In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned. Our journey has never been one of short-cuts or settling for less. It has not been the path for the faint-hearted – for those who prefer leisure over work, or seek only the pleasures of riches and fame."

it has been known to be said that the greatest gifts in life come with hard work. Obama's inauguration I found to be more powerful. The reason behind this is that "the greatness of our nation" I translate that into the greatness of the people since the people make the nation. I get the sense that everyone holds a power to achieve what is most important to them. That is the reason the United States of America was established was for this reason and no one will miss out on the tangible American Dream.

I have often found myself wondering why others can cheat and not get caught, lie and not feel bad, steal and think that nothing is wrong. Why my grades in school would struggle while those who took a less honest path would get the grade that determines college and career opportunity. Grades, the whole system to me seams unjust in the fact that I am labeled to a letter and that is looked at at surface value. In Obama's inauguration I felt more like a person and that hard work will be acknowledged in this country.

No comments: