Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cheap Scandel


The title of an article that I read is “how not to get hacked in Chinese surgery” By Richard Gould. This immediately grabbed my attention. In China they adapted Hobbs beliefs. Hobs believed in an every man for themselves kind of life, that human nature would naturally take care of each other and we wouldn’t need a government system. This theory goes out the window when adding in the factor of the rat race. China from what I can tell has some security laws but loopholes are everywhere. For instance, the title of the article I read is titled “How not to get hacked in Chinese surgery”. It sounds to me that there is a lot wrong in this sentence involving morals. Hobs said that we could survive without a government to govern our safety. Greed and human rank got in the way of this theory.
In class I have been learning about Hobbs and the Enlightenment. What I understand about the Enlightenment is it is a bunch of theories about how our nation should at the time be run. Seeing how the Hobbs idea didn’t work in China I am grateful that the United States didn’t adapt this method of every man for himself. As you can see in this article it didn’t work and percussions have to be taken when going somewhere as simple as the doctor for surgery.

No comments: