Saturday, September 27, 2008

Give Me Privacy

I have the right to think what I want, to express my opinions freely in a peaceful manner.

Thoughts are mine. I don't have to agree with the government.

My house is mine. If I don't want to house someone I don't have to, unless prescribed by law.

Unless there is a reason with a license, there will not be a search and nothing will be seized.

My private property will not be taken without proper compensation.

These are all rights I have stated in the Bill of Rights. But is it possible that when this amendment was written there were things that the writers could have never imagined would be a problem in the future? I say yes. They already knew this. That is why we have the 9th amendment. The ninth amendment declares that any right not stated in the bill of rights is given to the people.

No comments: